Collaborative Custom Perfume Service
In this process we design a perfume that is tailored to your individual preferences, memories, and personality.
When ordering this online, you will receive an email of a detailed questionnaire to complete, beginning the collaboration to construct your signature scent.
(Local Customers) Next I will contact you for a 1-hour consultation in the perfume studio, where we can talk more about your ideas and you will have the opportunity to smell specific essences that we are considering as the main notes of your blend. I may test a couple of single essences to see how they mix with your skin. I may give you several varieties of a particular plant extract to compare. I will also explain the basics of my process for building a scent that is well-balanced, full-bodied, and appropriate for the purposes you have in mind for it.
(Distance Customers) Next I will send you an email with follow up questions. Then I will create three perfume samples based on what I have learned about you as well as what I know would work best as a balanced and harmonious blend.
Once you have spent some time with your samples, one should stand out as your favorite. You may love it as it is or decide you would like to change aspects of it. In case of the latter, we will discuss how you would like it adjusted to be closer to what you have in mind. This adjustment will be made before you are provided with your final perfume.
Last I will make a recipe that I will keep on file of your custom perfume, and blend a 15mL (oil) or 16g (beeswax) batch that will arrive in a bottle or compact (with refill) as pictured. If you prefer to customize the packaging or to incorporate our perfume jewelry, I will do all I can to make your ideas come to life. I will also include a short description of the blend, identifying the main notes and accords as well as which aspects of your essence were captured in the final perfume.
The finished perfume set will include:
- A 5mL glass bottle of perfume oil
- Your choice of solid perfume (8g) in a brass compact or liquid (10mL) in a glass leaf bottle (with a tassel or chain attached to wear).
- Our natural fixative base, which may be applied before the perfume to deepen and extend the scent.
- A gift box with a letterpress printed label.
• Each recipe is kept on file so that you can order a refill anytime. The cost of the refill is determined by the amount and cost of the raw materials used.
• The only limitations are that I do not make replicas of other perfumes and the scent must be possible to create exclusively with natural materials.
• The process from start to finish typically takes one week for local customers and 2-4 weeks for distance (online) customers.